Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Style Icon: Dita Von Teese

I must confess, I have a total girl crush on Dita Von Teese. Therefore, I just had to write a post about her.


I love her glamorous and retro old Hollywood style. The "Queen of Burlesque" always looks ladylike, but in a cheekily sexy way that few celebrities these days can pull off. (She even makes a Playboy cover look classy!) She rocks a unique style and refuses to conform to trends, instead choosing to stay true to her personal fashion tastes. Even cooler, she doesn't even have a stylist- she picks all her red carpet outfits out herself and her burlesque costumes are all haute-couture. Which probably shouldn't come as a surprise as she is a trained costume designer and styled many period films before she started performing burlesque. Plus, as a fellow extremely-fair-skinned-chick I love her complete defiance of fake tan!


Since I originally trained to be a make-up artist, I'm somewhat obsessed with Dita's beauty style too. So I thought in a few days I would do a little post/tutorial on how to get Dita's gorgeously flawless make-up look. Until then, enjoy the following gallery showcasing some of her retro-glam style. Want to see more Dita? Check out her website here.




"I advocate glamour. Every day. Every minute."

No comments:

Post a Comment